PESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Elementary and Secondary Education Department has dismissed as fake a notification circulating on social media claiming that summer vacations in the province have been extended.

The department said the document being shared online was completely baseless and urged students, parents and educational institutions not to rely on it.

The fake notification claimed that summer holidays for public and private educational institutions in the province’s hot regions had been extended until Aug 31, 2026, with schools scheduled to reopen on Sept 1.

Officials clarified that no such notification had been issued by the education department.

The fabricated document reportedly used the department’s name, official-style wording and other details to make it appear genuine, prompting the department to issue a clarification.

The education department urged students, parents and other stakeholders to verify information before acting on or sharing notifications circulating on social media.

It said authentic information regarding school schedules and holidays should only be obtained through the department’s official communication channels and verified social media accounts.

Read also: 370 KP schools submit lists of basic facility needs to education dept

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Posts