WASHINGTON: US President Donald Trump warned that the United States could strike Iran within two to three days if necessary, saying the country must be dealt a significant blow to prevent it from obtaining nuclear weapons.
Speaking to the media during a visit to the White House ballroom construction site, Trump emphasized that if Iran were to acquire nuclear capabilities, its first target would be Israel. “They won’t take long to strike Israel. We cannot allow Iran to have nuclear weapons. Time is limited,” he said.
The president suggested that a military action could occur as early as Friday, Saturday, or early next week, warning that the U.S. might have to attack Iran again to neutralize the threat. Trump also revealed that he had been just an hour away from launching a strike last Monday, which was postponed following requests from Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the UAE, and other countries.
Trump questioned how quickly Iran would use nuclear weapons if it acquired them “in the first minute, the first hour, or the first day?” underscoring his administration’s urgency in addressing Tehran’s nuclear ambitions.
Trump halts planned Iran strike after Gulf leaders’ intervention
Yesterday, US President Donald Trump announced that the United States will hold off on a planned military strike against Iran, originally scheduled for tomorrow, following intervention by Gulf leaders and ongoing negotiations.
According to the statement released by President Trump on social media, he was contacted by the Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, and the President of the UAE Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
According to the statement, these leaders asked the United States to halt its military activities because there were negotiations taking place in order to arrive at an acceptable solution among the US, the Middle Eastern countries, and the rest of the world.
“The deal will guarantee that Iran will not have nuclear weapons,” Trump said.
The President ordered the Secretary of Defense, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the US military forces not to continue with the attack but to wait until they receive an instruction from him on whether to start the military operation.





